WildCo has helped to launch WildCAM (Wildlife Cameras for Adaptive Management), a camera trap network aiming to support effective management and conservation of terrestrial wildlife in British Columbia and beyond.
The goal of WildCAM is to encourage collaboration in camera trap survey design and data synthesis. We are working to achieve this goal in five main ways:
1) Creating a community of practice amongst camera trap researchers
2) Producing and reviewing best practices and tools for camera trap sampling
3) Providing a forum for coordinating wildlife monitoring across regions to improve provincial wildlife monitoring and subsequent management
4) Supporting coordinated and centralized data management, promoting data sharing and synthesis across British Columbia and beyond
5) Engaging communities, stakeholders, and the public
Please check out the WildCAM website for more details (wildcams.ca).